Saturday, January 19, 2013

More?

                         
(Trust and Obey, Big Daddy Weave)

Many people start the New Year by resolving to change something in their life.  This usually involves setting a goal.  Sometimes these goals are unattainable because they cannot be measured.  If I say I want to be more patient with people, a better person, or more understanding, how do I measure those things?

God has revealed to us, in His word, how we are to walk in obedience.  He does not say be more obedient, as if He is coaxing us to follow Him a little bit  better, no, He simply says be obedient.

As we take part in the “21 Days of Great Beginnings” let us resolve to be obedient in our relationship with our Lord.  Deuteronomy 10:12 says:

“And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God ask of you but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him, to love him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul.”

             

            Lord, help me not just to want to be more obedient, but to just BE obedient. I resolve to fear You, obey You, love You, and serve You with all of my heart, and all of my soul. I long to be called a person after Your own heart. You know my desire; guide me in Your ways.

                              

No comments:

Post a Comment