Sunday, January 13, 2013

"But God..."



Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In his great mercy he has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. 
I Peter 1:3
     
This scripture represents hope, as do many others.  That's good.  In fact, it's incredibly wonderful.  But, there's a complication. The complication is me.  When a problem arises, my tendency is to focus on the problem, even fixate on it and start thinking about what I can do to solve it.  Too often, I don't let God into the process.  Too often, I don't even think about God, His Word, His resources, until too late.  Either too late to effectively deal with the problem as the Lord would have me deal with it, or too late to spare me the needless stress, pain, wasted effort and emotions that necessarily attend my feeble efforts. 

            It all comes down to what I truly believe about God, about His character and about His word.  When presented with a troubling situation, I can say: "God is powerful, loving, caring etc. BUT I have this big problem..." or, I can say, "I have this big problem, BUT GOD is greater than my problem."

              I need less of my thinking and more "BUT GOD" thinking.   How about you?

     
     
            God, You are greater than my problems! You must be my daily, minute-ly focus, through every problem, through every trial! I lay my days at Your feet; Let the things of earth grow strangely dim, and let Your glory shine brightly into my life!


No comments:

Post a Comment