Thursday, January 3, 2013

Listen, Plan, and Prepare


A man’s heart plans his ways, but the Lord determines his steps. Proverbs 16:19

At the beginning of this New Year, we think about the year 2013; will we be any closer to God than in 2012? Only if we determine to live more in God’s will. Start some new habits; spend more time praying, listening to God and more time obeying. Start the New Year with prayer and fasting with a new determination to hear from God.

Start your day each morning with a time of listening to God’s voice, determining what he has planned for you to do today, and then doing it. There is no greater joy than serving the Lord. If there is no planning and no preparation there will be no progress.

Lord, teach me to listen for your voice. I need your guidance and direction for my life each day. You said, “If you love me you will obey me.” Help me to love you enough to make some real changes in my life.



“Lord, teach me to listen. The times are noisy and my ears are weary with the thousand raucous sounds which continuously assault them. Give me the spirit of the boy Samuel when he said to Thee, 'Speak, for thy servant heareth.' Let me hear Thee speaking in my heart. Let me get used to the sound of Thy Voice, that its tones may be familiar when the sounds of earth die away and the only sound will be the music of Thy speaking Voice. Amen.” A. W. Tozer, The Pursuit of God

No comments:

Post a Comment